photo shop_zps4e91b29b.jpg  photo about_zpsab9889c9.jpg  photo contact_zpsf03ef059.jpg  photo Untitled-2_zps43e03738.jpg

Tuesday 31 July 2012

Loopy about Lush

A few months ago I decided to make a change and become Vegan. As I started to adapt to my new lifestyle I realised there were so many cosmetic products that weren't cruelty free.
I realised I was going to have to make a big change on things I'd previously overlooked. I would have to find new brands for my make up, toothpaste, deodorant, moisturiser, hair products and shower & bath products.

Then I discovered LUSH. Well, I had already heard of LUSH and even used their divine smelling products before, but I had no idea what an amazing company they really were. They are completely cruelty free, have a really wide selection of Vegan friendly products, and most of all, I smell freaking amazing after even walking into my local LUSH store. They're also super environmentally friendly, what's not to love about a company that cares so much about our planet and the creatures that live here?

The girls in the Preston LUSH store couldn't be more helpful. They are great at giving out little samples, so you have an opportunity to try the product before you buy it.

Here are a few of my favourite Vegan friendly LUSH products:


You Snap the Whip - A body scrub & butter bar to use on wet skin. It contains charcoal to exfoliate and macademia nut oil to nourish and promote healthy cell formation. I love how this goes on grey and leaves me smelling like blackcurrant jelly babies after a shower.


Celestial Moisturiser - A great moisturiser for sensitive skin. It sinks in really well and dosn't leave a horrid greasy feeling. It smells amazing too.



Aromaco Deodorant - Very gentle on the skin and it works really well! I found it to work even on hot days when I'm doing a lot that would usually cause me to sweat.


Seanik Solid Shampoo - This bar is seriously awesome. I have a little tin for it so can take it anywhere I want without carrying loads of shower products. I even use it as a shower wash too when I'm away. It's not just convenient, it smells really nice and leaves my hair feeling great.


Big Shampoo - A shampoo with sea salt in it to give your hair extra volume. This is probably my fav LUSH product so far. It smells gorgeous, and the big salt pieces leave my hair and scalp feeling so clean. It definitely gives my flat hair an added volume boost.


Veganese Conditioner - Although the name reminds me of mayonaise, I don't think I could live without this stuff. It's a really good conditioner, it makes my hair feel nice and soft without weighing it down like heavier conditioners can do. I like to imagine I'm putting mayonaise on my hair when I'm using it. It dosn't smell like mayonaise though.


Vanillary Perfume - This stuff smells like heaven. LUSH's perfumes smell different on different people. On some people this can smell like a musky vanilla. On me it smells sweet and edible. I keep wanting to eat my wrists when I wear this. I have the handy stick so I can just carry it around in my purse.

1 comment:

  1. i want to try lush so bad! there isn't one close to me, but i might just have to order online. all of that looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete