photo shop_zps4e91b29b.jpg  photo about_zpsab9889c9.jpg  photo contact_zpsf03ef059.jpg  photo Untitled-2_zps43e03738.jpg

Tuesday 23 July 2013

Etsy Finds - Honest Abe

I was struggling to think of ideas for a treasury this week. So I decided to look to my Abe Lincoln shoes for inspiration. I don't really know much about Abe or any American Presidents, but the little I do know about Abe makes me want to learn more about him. Plus, I think his beard is super rad, so he deserves his own Etsy Finds post.


4 comments:

  1. I have been obsessed with Miss Nopales art for years. I love her Star Wars characters.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my gosh, yes!!! this made my day. i need those earrings. (i'm so happy about your finds!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That Dia de los Muertos Abe is a riot! If you want to learn more about Lincoln, I would watch the recent Spielberg movie. It's such a great, great film, and I usually really detest Spielberg's work, so coming from me, that's saying something! While it isn't a biopic and only focuses on the final months of his presidency, it really gives you an idea of who Lincoln was and his personality.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two interesting Facts.
    1. I am related to Abe Lincoln through marriage.

    2. I used to work at this place called 'The henry ford' and that is like a village where a bunch of historical buildings have been moved to (many of them in order to save them from being demolished). The court house abe lincoln used to practice law in is at that place. I've stood on the same floor he stood on (we have the actual floorboards) and it's crazy to think about. He was a cool/interesting/weird guy. His wife was weird too.

    ReplyDelete